The City of Lighthouse Point, located in Broward County, Florida, is a waterfront community with an approximate area of 2.36 sq. miles and population of nearly 10,500. In October 2017, CGA was awarded the contract to provide Building Plan Reviews and Inspection Services to the City of Lighthouse Point. CGA’s scope of work includes all inspections and plan reviews for Building Department and administrative duties for Building Official, including:
- Review construction plans for issuance of building permits under the Florida Building Code;
- Plan review and inspection services include, but are not limited to, structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical/HVAC;
- Review plans for compliance with National, State, City, and Building Code requirements;
- Inspect permitted construction, within City limits, for compliance with City codes and permitted plans and specifications;
- Create records of inspections and investigations;
- Contact and meet with City officials, contractors, architects, engineers, business owners, and residents about construction projects, code questions, and other concerns;
- Provide services in regard to Unsafe Buildings and the Broward County Unsafe Structures Board; and
- Emergency response when requested by City Officials during duty and after duty hours.
General administrative and permit processing will still be done by Lighthouse Point employees. Our commitment to providing “exceptional solutions” has allowed us to develop into the premier leader in government services. Our dedication has been rewarded with contracts from communities across Florida.